|Photo credit - Tepui|
Rough, tough, and ready for a cross-country adventure, the Tepui Kukenam Ruggedized 3-Person 4-Season Tent is the next best thing to owning a camper van without it costing you an arm and leg !
The “ruggedized” designation means it comes with diamond-plated aluminum flooring and a condensation mat that keeps your mattress off moisture that may form on the floor, a great upgrade.
The Ruggedize Kukenam Roof Top Tent is the toughest roof top tent on the market. It is perfect for 4x4 trailers and tough off-road rigs.
- Two built-in screened SKY panels which allow for a great view of the stars and surrounding trees when the rainfly is removed
- Diamond Plate Base
- 360g Dual Stitched Fabric (40% heavier than standard models)
- Anti-condensation mat (1/2") under the mattress
- Fully wrapped 3/4" heavy duty internal frame
- Heavy duty 3-bolt hinges and welded aluminum base construction
- Extra-large internal pockets, gear anchor points, and bedding straps
Even the dual stitched fabric is 40% heavier and stronger than in standard models! It comes with a new anti-condensation 1/2" mat under the mattress, large internal pockets, gear anchor points and bedding straps. To top this amazing features, it has two build-in screened SKY panels that will let you see a fantastic view of the stars and surroundings.
With its weight of ~ 172 lbs, it's not an easy task to install it on your car, and you'll need the help of a strong friend ( or two ! ).
Best Pro :
The Tepui Kukenam is very spacious, at 56 x 96 x 52 inches (L x W x H). It feels grandiose for two people, and would be sufficient for three (although snug). There are lots of pockets to organize gear, and even one large enough to stow sneakers.
Memory foam mattress :
Memory foam is heavy, but oh, so comfy. The Kukenam’s footprint is 56″ x 96″, which is 16″ longer than a standard mattress and between a full and queen in width. So there’s plenty of room for two adults to stretch out. Three would be a squeeze, but you can do it if you’re really friendly.